Monday 18 July 2011

Depression and nursing?

Depression and nursing?

I have some serious questions with postpartum depression/anxiety (second child). I also had it with my first. It beeinflußt my relationship with my youngest, my 18 months old and my husband.

I had questions of depression most of my adult life, and I tried tons of antidepressants, no one of which really helped. However, I decided, Zoloft this time, to give a fuss around, as it is compatible with nursing, superfluously to opinion, it, that works, isn\'t.

The single medication, that made available me, relief is Seroquel. But my psychiatrist and OB/GYN has be say it "with nursing probably certainly", but there are not many data in order to support this. ICH\'m very much is annoyingös, to nurse with this type of answer.

What is, the better possibility,: continues you to nurse on a medication, the not/marginally helps, do you nurse on a medication, that becomes not very approximately known, against it to nurse OR, do you change to formula? Any, helpfully, geschetched suggestions.

Additional details

Guesses it is I, that I should say, for more a continuation/exacerbation of the depression/anxiety, that I had prenatally.

1



through! there is not any remedy für ignorance!...

Best answer chosen by voters

Whether this helps, or doesn\'t know i, as i had, my second daughter, who now is 5 i, was on Quetiapine and only his/its name is be a mood stabilizer seroquel without brand names, as you know, to negotiate through polar was not in the habit of that has i polar bi, but i was on it, was i 4 years under a perinatal mental health team during leaves her/it/them i on it and my daughter no sick emotions from it for 3 years and i-Brust feeds, was told his/its O.K. one(s) to take, during Brustfütterung-i also shortly after was, as i had my son, who almost now is 8 months, but decided to come off from it as it, un pregnant again was told to the benefits i out, you weigh, maybe all risks there are which was only a small risk,

If your enjoying breast continues, that lives, and takes the Seroquel i, goes on what was told i, and my children had no side emotions this 50 percent 2 Wahlen-Ballabwehr from it to it! ! RSS

Other Answers (8)



beside Smurfy-Bergfrieden, he/it go and go, I would come certified lactation advisors with your local hospital in contact with an international committee. OBGYNs-Don\'t erhält near the training in lactation and nursing as a good IBCLC. You/they weras capable, you the best, to help.

The most probably, if your WHETHER said, it "probably was sure, it is a L3, that means, extremely likely, that there are not any many data about his/its application during the lactation, therefore the mother Risiko-vs-Nutzen should weigh for her/its/their situation.

your health is from Mrs S here, you can the most important matter, as you must be the best, in order to take care of original-family.
Yes being important to breast feed however his/its more important you is healthy.
change to formula and take your meds, unnecessary risk arrives dont in that he/it takes the meds and breast feeding keeps.
Billions of children rounds the world, is fed every day, and they are completely healthy.

Source(s,:

nursing of mother of one and woman

through elf_like... I has understood the frenzy at all costs really never with nursing. If Sie\'wieder certainly or anxiously don\'t use you the formula. I weiß, as I was depressed credit the ability to be escaped, because I was formula, that was feeding, a God send.

Having a mummy, who copes, and fomula-Fütterung is better than the credit from somebody, that cannot cope, but hello getting breatmilk from baby, who is simply crazy.

from bird Flippin\'s Wenn it I is, and the zoloft was not working, I would take the seroquel and continue to work as a nurse, while the Anbehalten of an eye, as it influences my nurseling. Care is h in chessöchst likely custody a heavier depression. Watching of Dr.Hale\'s-Seite and becomes to theückkommen, in order to process.

eta
Here, a connection is to healthy forum thread on seroquel

through speechie mommie, your baby is only one month old, so that I think, to be depressed would be quite of course, you still are hormonal natural. I found out after my son\'s PPD birth, and it lasted für a very long time. This is a großer transition for your family, your older boy and your body. Give any time to itself to adjust. Two under two are a gigantic challenge.

Ask family members to start to fall in it. Call friends and sees, if she/it your it can bring older son to the park or can have him/it for a game date across. You/they need, you help, she/it, to lead both, so that you get more sleep können. Sleep is a großer deal, if depression occurs. Pump and then, you leave your husband a night of Fütterung or two does, so that you can get any nonstop sleep.

Another matter, in order to think approximately, would be this much women experience a big increase in worry if they disaccustom. Actually, all my friends of meaning Hand-klatschna found outße worry, during disaccustoming and she/it on drug about this time had to go. I also found it out, but the Entwit also, with 13 months, coincided öhnen with some other alterations of my life so that I accused the other stuff. But in the course went a two month of period I from 4 Fütterungen per day to 0, and I was worked madly concerned and almost couldn\'t at the work. I considered to give up my work. It was very difficult. Him/it to theückzusehen, was completely hormonal.

I would remain to go with nursing as it, as possibly yearns. Give small goals to itself. Her/its/their nächstes goal can to go to be until the baby is 2 months old, then 3 months. Für me, that everything got, improves you full age by 8 weeks. Glück! 25 percent 1 voices

through abc123 wow this is really tough. ICH\'m of all für nursing, but you also must make whats in your baby\'s best interest. If of Sie\'ve, has of the thoughts of it to do itself or your baby his/its definitely better sore, help, to get und/oder medication. I wmakes some of further research on-line ürde and gets second opinions about the security of the medication and nursing, and speaks with a lactation advisor. I weiß, that nursing actually reduces the risk of it, after par hood depression. Maybe you/they are fähig, to do something like supplement with formula or to pump and to discard a freight, after you took your medication, so that it reduces the crowd, your baby gets through your breastmilk. You/they could erwägen, to get help also, whether you can afford it or have a family member, or friend comes and helps out to give you a break during the day or the evening. I würde every effort, to continue nursing, if certainly exhausts or even if his/its SOME of the time. If you find, is not sure and place you auf\'t thinks, thereß you with the depression can get done, I would recommend going formula. Das\'s very much Zugh.


I don\'t want to dismiss your depression, but even for me, somebody, that a serious problem like it never has had, matters was not all wonderful ones, after I had my son. I was müd, emphasized, emotional. I didn\'t falls in love "itself immediately into my son. It took half normal again several months, in order to only begin, to feel. I wanted to hurt my son or me never, but in the frI wish ühen days that I never had gotten pregnant to start with it. Now, thereß my son older is, still is roughly I enjoy him/it much more some days, however, as uses I to it. I believe, thereß some people this wrong impression gives, that motherhood is everything good and no bad one, but is not!

Take the trouble to get help of your husband and your other if you can. Get out the house, if you können and for a walk goes or to any enjoyment goes, dates, maybe it helps. I weiß, that I become depressed, whether I land, enough sunlight gets \'t.

As I had surgical intervention, I was anesthia under general. The way was, that my lactation consults, that it me erklit became ärt that my body and my liver filter the milk, before my baby gets it. She/it told me, whether still I me fühlte, "woozy" from the drugs, then, my baby would get also some. Therefore after the surgical intervention, that I pumped and discarded this freight. Some hours spI felt äter fine and nursed as usual. You/they müssen maybe therefore something like it does. Most Doctors normally opinion, that matters are sure, while they nurse, but I want to be only particular safe. Schließlich is on to you is which better. The muß really heavy, to occupy itself/themselves with it at the moment, is.

If you think, lack of sleep could be a factor in your depression, I believe that to take the trouble to nurse, better will be, because his/its easier to sleep, while your baby is care, and you don\'t have to get up and must do, fills, and so on I find, that I increase sleep, that nurses, get although it was exhausting in the first few months.

through mama4-ev.... property, as you, when you nurse, know, it is the best for the baby. But in all the honesty, if es\'s, that to Zugh, to occupy itself/themselves with it, becomes and you, the antidepressant needs, you leave you are no shame for her/it/them in it, nursing and, to stop formula. ICH\'ve had 3 formula babies, and 2 nursed, and they all went out simply finely... and as well like much love and binding für one as the other. Don\'t feel any condemnation on itself if you want to hold. It sounds like you, any depression always has had so that maybe it is not easy without negotiating medication. It gives also some alternatives, as SAM E, to St. John\'s word and Holy Basil... everything can help with depression, as well as a B-Komplex, that helps the nervous system, and can is used in order to treat even schizophrenia alone. ICH\'m not certainly over the supplements and her/its/their effect on breastmilk. You/they müßten any research does, and possible even speech to somebody, that is knowledgible with herbs, likes with a healthfood-Laden. I weiß for depression/mood of king of any homeopathics bio, and they are available and on-line with healthfood-Läden. I used, some of them and very good products are for them. Homeopathics can be used by it, mommies, as well as Säuglinge, to nurse, certainly. Hope, thereß this helps.

Source(s,:

Nutritional student

from Ethel such a few thing, in order to think approximately, is diluted Seroquel, while it is handed over in breast milk, by your whole body, so that the dose, in which your infant would take, in 1/10. that is, what you take, (< 0.9 percent (first quotation), meaning your infant would be exposed, but with a very much very low dose.

Secondly, Seroquel Ihre body ability lowers to handle glucoses and is well received on insulin and thinks, that it will increase your risk of the Art II diabetes, and it is effects. Breast, that itself ernährt, your ability of your body increases to be well received on insulin and leaves your risk of the Art II every year long 15 years long that nurses you diabetes down, to work your infant as a nurse so, will actually ease the effects of the drug, that you need for mental health.

Personally, if it was I, I would become through with the less effective med rubs, IF I knew the first time, the nach-partum-Depression dissolved after a relatively short time (< 6 months, would continue the second-best to work as nurses, whom last possibility is absolutely far, on the Seroquel, there is almost worthless knowledge, to which how much health is of use, to care. Essentially formula is no alternative to it to be worked as a nurse in my book, it is a life, that technology protects, but not with all the ideal or even near to it, to be prescriptive.

Only my thoughts.

Source(s,:

/ wiki/Quetiapine

No comments:

Post a Comment